The mission of Lufkin ISD is to educate and equip all students for success through exceptional learning experiences.
DISCOUNT CARDS ARE COMING!!!!
We will hold our annual discount card fundraiser from Sept. 12-23. All theatre and choir students will be participating in this! Money goes to help buy music for choir, help pay for choir trips, and to help fund all plays for the theatre department (musical, UIL One Act, and Spring Show). As ALWAYS, cards are only $10 and are good until the end of NEXT August (2017)! THANK YOU to all of the businesses that sponsor us and help out FINE ARTS at LMS!
ZOMBIE WALK benefitting the FAMILY CRISIS CENTER of EAST TX
We will host our THIRD ANNUAL ZOMBIE WALK benefitting the Family Crisis Center. Participants will dress up as zombies and LURCH their way through downtown Lufkin! Please like the LUFKIN ZOMBIE WALK facebook page for more info, costume and makeup tips, etc! Zombies are asked to bring 2-3 canned goods (because they don't need food anyway, and the Family Crisis Center does!!!). Open to zombies of all ages!!!!!
Car Wash and Bake Sale for Mary Poppins
Theatre will have a benefit car wash and bake sale to help out with Mary Poppins. It will be Aug. 27th at Altus ER from 10-2. Sign up slots are on sign up genius, or you can SHOW UP!!!! We hope to raise over $1,000, so help spread the word!!!! THANK YOU to Altus ER for hosting!!!
New York City Spring Break Interest Meeting
If you are interested in going to NYC over Spring Break, we will meet Monday, Aug. 29 at 6 pm in the choir room. 7th and 8th graders are invited on the trip (you do NOT have to be in theatre to go on the trip). 6th graders can go, but a parent must attend with them. We hope to see you there....4 days of fabulosity in THE BIG APPLE!!!!
UIL COACHES AND PRACTICE DAYS COMING SOON
•Art …Mrs. Stewart. Rm 804. Tuesdays at 3:45. Closer to the competition we practice twice a week.
•Calculator Applications … Mr. Tracey. Rm 704. Tuesday and Thursday, 3:45 til 4:30.
• Chess Puzzle …Mr. Hungerford…. Rm 816. I’m on for 3:45 – 4:30 M,T, W (if no faculty meeting).
• Dictionary Skills Mrs. Bennett. Room 902. Mondays or Tuesdays 3:45 to 4:45 or Thursday 7:30 am to 8:15.
• Editorial Writing … Mrs. McNeil. Room 605. 3:45 to 4:30 on Tues or Thurs
•Impromptu Speaking… Ms. Snapp. Room 823. Mon or Wed 7:30 am-08:15
• Listening…Ms. Young .Room 824. Tue or Thurs 4:00 – 4:45
• Maps, Graphs & Charts …Mr. Tracey. Room 704. Tuesday and Thursday, 3:45 til 4:30.
• Mathematics. ..Mrs. Pelton. Room 623. Tuesday 4:00 to 5:00
• Modern Oratory… Mrs. Morris 7:45-8:15 on Tuesday, Wednesday , or Thursday-will stay after school on Thursdays in January& February
• Number Sense … Mrs. Pelton. Room 504. Monday 4:00 to 5:00
• One-Act Play Mrs. Ragland. Auditorium. TBA November, Dec, Jan (Mon, Tue, Thurs, Fri, some Sats)
• PROSE. Mrs. Diggens. Library Thurs 3:45 – 4:30
POETRY… Mrs. Diggens. Library Tue. 3:45 -4:30
• Ready Writing …Ms. McNeil. Room 605. Tuesdays or Thurs 3:45 to 4:30
• Science …Mrs. Jungmann. Room 510. Monday 4:00 to 5:00
• Social Studies …Mrs. Taylor. Room 814. Wed. 7:30 am to 8:15
• Spelling: Mrs. Satterwhite. Room 612. TBA
Our second annual ZOMBIE WALK benefitting the Family Crises Center will be Saturday, October 24th at 6 om downtown. Bring 2-3 canned good items to help stock the pantry at the Family Crises Center!
No "Files" exist(s)